- 3 pounds flank or skirt steak
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Montreal Steak Seasoning spice mix*
- 1 baguette, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to brush baguette
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and cut into ribbons
- 3 large cloves garlic, 2 minced, 1 to rub baguette
Rub steak with seasoning on all sides and let sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. (Cut steak into two pieces before marinating if needed to fit grill pan.) Meanwhile, heat grill pan until smoking hot. Cook steak 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let rest for 10 minutes. Brush baguette slices with olive oil and toast in grill pan, Rub toasted slices with garlic. Set aside. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kale and garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. To assemble, pile sautéed kale on baguette. Slice steak across the grain and place on top of kale.